TPAS is celebrating its 40th birthday.
Celebrate with us today 40 years as Scotland’s national tenant engagement experts. We can’t be together but we can still party.
We are here because of the strength of our members and want to say thank you to our customers, tenants, members and landlords for supporting us over the years.
Want to know our secret to being youthful and energetic?
Lesley our CEO says our customers are key to our success in building and maintaining excellence. We are the friendly face of Independent Tenant Advice, making sure tenants are key influencers on the future of their homes and services by supporting and empowering tenants to improve their landlords’ services.
We are really proud of our achievements, our team and all the people we work with across Scotland and wider.
Here’s what we have achieved together over the last 40 years….
Working with tenants and landlords across Scotland from Shetland to the Borders, TPAS Scotland has been the catalyst for social housing and tenant participation in Scotland over the last 40 years.
Dotty Grant, from Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership, Tenants Federation raised her glass and gave this short speech to celebrate our 40 years.
With TPAS, I found a group of people who were interested in making lives easier, better for tenants. Someone to stand up for them with a strong voice!
TPAS are a great support to our Federation. At times when you want an honest, independent help or assistance – look no further!
TPAS still means tenants. Tenant Participation is the core that empowers tenants to have their say, make things happen and hopefully change lives of tenants for the better and TPAS will be with them, helping and advising them every step of the way. And more power to them!
TPAS have fantastic workshops, meetings and make confusing, puzzling aspects of housing matters easy for tenants to understand. This gives tenants the opportunity to be heard.
Having delivered over 400 training sessions, 40 national conferences, 200 workshops, we have been instrumental in bringing people together to share knowledge, improve housing and celebrate success.
Core to our values, we believe we have given tenants in social housing across Scotland a voice and continue to do so through our various activities which include….
- A first class accreditation process for tenant participation – our accreditation is a mark of excellence for landlords – it looks in depth at engagement offer for tenants, including strategy, information, opportunities for involvement, etc. We also have accreditation for contractors who strive to involve and inform the communities they are working in
- Robust independent advice and information – to support tenants to decide about any proposed changes to their landlord – constitutional partnerships, Transfer of Engagements, our ITA service ensures tenants have the opportunity to ask questions, find out information, get involved in the process and can use their vote on the basis of good sound independent information – we are the tenants critical friend.
- A strong empowering national voice for social housing tenants – We work with tenants across Scotland to ensure they are informed and supported to contribute to improving Housing and Communities in Scotland
- A key partner in supporting tenants to develop the Scottish Governments Social Housing Charter – developed by tenants for tenants
- National guidance for working in rural locations – We recognise that tenants do not all live in towns and cities in Scotland’s Central belt – we work hard to ensure tenants in rural, remote and island communities have an equal say
- Supporting Landlords through direct officer input to improve their engagement offer to tenants?
We are not done yet – Coming soon our nationally recognised Tenant Participation qualification for tenants and officers delivered face to face and on line –
Hear from our CEO Lesley about why TPAS Scotland are Scotland’s leading friendly tenant engagement experts here.https://youtu.be/kY9NtWqSHJ4